Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 143
Like Tree236Likes

Thread: Covid new reality

  1. #91
    Senior Member blabbermouth bluesman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    3,640
    Thanked: 790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFLUS View Post
    You know, you guys talk about participation waning and membership not growing or even diminishing. You want to know why? It's because of the way you guys act. I swear it's like kindergarten for grown-ups. I used to invite people to the site but I don't do it anymore because you guys run them all off.Its embarrassing to try to share the cool things about this site when a few of you act like overgrown kids on a playground. Either you insult them or you exclude them because they're not cool enough or whatever it is.
    This is not the first time I've heard this, from multiple sources. I think that once or twice I was the one saying it.
    See my razors at bluesmanblades.com

  2. #92
    The Hurdy Gurdy Man thebigspendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    31,307
    Thanked: 4952
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesman7 View Post
    This is not the first time I've heard this, from multiple sources. I think that once or twice I was the one saying it.
    That's a lot of garbage.

    Most of the people who have been "run off" were members who decided to leave after the big bruha concerning former owners of the site. Most decided to go with "The other guy".

    I'm not sure what people mean by run off. Do you mean kicked off the site or badgered to death? Except for spammers I can't remember the last time someone was banned and in all the years here I can't remember anyone made to feel unwelcome in any of the shaving or shaving related forums or the off topic forums either.

    What folks seem to have a problem with is the fact we have these off topic forums. These are places for members to blow off some steam and engage in some good spirited back and forth. If you are someone who takes things personally and thinks you are being targeted or have a thin skin you should just stay off these forums. Now, don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying anyone is unwelcome here. I wish everyone would take part in these forums as long as everyone remains civil.

    Unfortunately we live in a time when everything is hyper partisan and that is reflected in this forum especially. Glen and I have been going back and forth for years and we don't hate each other or want to see the other "run off". I think I can speak for him that it's fun and educational and something we look forward to and so too should everyone else who posts here or spends any time here.

    I haven't counted how many other forums we have however everyone can find some neutral ground when discussing shaving related matters. I guess it's possible someone could get down and dirty demonizing users of electrics or cartridge razors but that's has never happened.

    We all gather here, on this site because of our "Brotherhood of the blade". I've been here since the beginning and I've seen incredible acts of kindness between members and I don't think anyone has ever asked another member what his or her attitudes about life may be before dispensing some real generosity.

    Ok that's it, my unofficial editorial is over.
    No matter how many men you kill you can't kill your successor-Emperor Nero

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thebigspendur For This Useful Post:

    JBHoren (01-14-2022), Razorfeld (01-14-2022), rolodave (01-14-2022)

  4. #93
    I'm a social vegan. I avoid meet. JBHoren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Greenacres, FL
    Posts
    2,055
    Thanked: 563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFLUS View Post
    You know, you guys talk about participation waning and membership not growing or even diminishing. You want to know why? It's because of the way you guys act. I swear it's like kindergarten for grown-ups. I used to invite people to the site but I don't do it anymore because you guys run them all off.Its embarrassing to try to share the cool things about this site when a few of you act like overgrown kids on a playground. Either you insult them or you exclude them because they're not cool enough or whatever it is.
    Huh. Who knew? I disagree. To which fora are you referring? I might not participate in many of them, but I do "lurk"; and in my 15 years as an SRP member I have never "seen" any untoward behavior -- no rudeness, no name-calling, no nothing -- not even during the Great Schism. Here? This is specifically a "free-er" forum -- it was designed that way. Still, The Converstion Guidelines are quite clear about what's acceptable, and what's not. Again, I have yet to read any posts that cross the line. Close? That's what a "razor's edge" is about, innit?

    Your signature quotes a verse from משלה -- the real name of Proverbs: ברזל בברזל יחד, ואיש יחד פני-רעהו (Iron sharpens iron, and a man sharpens his fellow man). I don't think you understand what it means; I think you believe that this "sharpening" is like that of honing a straight razor -- gentle pressure, if even that... more like "weight of the blade, alone." But that's not what the verse means -- not solely, anyway. This "sharpening" takes all forms, is performed in a variety of ways, in a multitude of settings and circumstances, using the method appropriate to the men and the situation. This forum, these discussions, are one of them.
    gssixgun likes this.
    I'd give it all up, for just a little more.

  5. #94
    STF
    STF is offline
    Senior Member STF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kingsville On, Canada
    Posts
    1,428
    Thanked: 135

    Default

    I reckon we should take a break and hit the ice cream place.

    Glen can buy Paul a cone and Paul can get Glen a smoothie then after the ice cream headache settles down and i have been round the table checking to see if anyone left a bit for me to finish off we can meet back here with a newfound respect and CIVILITY.
    - - Steve

    You never realize what you have until it's gone -- Toilet paper is a good example

  6. #95
    Senior Member blabbermouth outback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    10,790
    Thanked: 4128

    Default

    Not putting salt in a wound, but I'd like to say something about the ICU, CCU, wards here in Akron, Ohio., and Covid.

    I was in the CCU ward just last month, for another heart attack.

    There were only 2 people in the ward I was in, that were there for Covid, and six others in other ICU wards.

    Talking with nurses and doctors.....the #s are severely inflated, compared to reality.

    There...that's the real truth, from someone who was there amongst the sick.
    Mike

  7. #96
    STF
    STF is offline
    Senior Member STF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kingsville On, Canada
    Posts
    1,428
    Thanked: 135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by outback View Post
    Not putting salt in a wound, but I'd like to say something about the ICU, CCU, wards here in Akron, Ohio., and Covid.

    I was in the CCU ward just last month, for another heart attack.

    There were only 2 people in the ward I was in, that were there for Covid, and six others in other ICU wards.

    Talking with nurses and doctors.....the #s are severely inflated, compared to reality.

    There...that's the real truth, from someone who was there amongst the sick.
    Nah, your'e wrong Mike. Tv's my friend, it wouldn't lie to me
    outback likes this.
    - - Steve

    You never realize what you have until it's gone -- Toilet paper is a good example

  8. #97
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16,824
    Thanked: 3168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by outback View Post
    Not putting salt in a wound, but I'd like to say something about the ICU, CCU, wards here in Akron, Ohio., and Covid.

    I was in the CCU ward just last month, for another heart attack.

    There were only 2 people in the ward I was in, that were there for Covid, and six others in other ICU wards.

    Talking with nurses and doctors.....the #s are severely inflated, compared to reality.

    There...that's the real truth, from someone who was there amongst the sick.
    That is what was going on a month or so ago. Times change and rapidly with the Omicron variant. A month ago our CCU/ICU were not full either and our Covid 19 ward was shut down. Not so now with the Covid ward up and running and more people dying. It is far worse in other parts of Canada also compared to a month ago. Like past waves some areas get hit sooner than others but eventually most all are hit hard.

    Bob
    outback, alex1921 and STF like this.
    Life is a terminal illness in the end

  9. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    324
    Thanked: 43

    Default

    There is a lack of accurate information from the CDC and WHO as well as the local and state authorities regarding statistics which breeds suspicion. So here we are. We are two years into this thing and there always was and continues to be a lack of information and many inconsistencies. Vaccines help with helping to eliminate serious complications for most people. I think we can agree on that. But not much else. NY state is changing their covid tally in hospitals to hospitalized because of covid vs hospitalized for something else and you have covid. This should have been a clear distinction from day one. But they drove the fear and mistrust. The longer this continues the more suspicion and contempt people will have. Someone mentioned the 90% plus efficacy. Anyone who thinks that is true should try to look at what's going on now. But that's everyone's business. Nobody knows how this is going to play out.
    JBHoren likes this.

  10. #99
    Senior Member alex1921's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    Posts
    533
    Thanked: 205

    Default

    Not only things change rapidly but they also differ based on geographical location. Some of my good friends work in Texas and one stayed in Missouri and we are never full at the same time. When we are full they seem to be doing better and vice versa.
    Our summer was pretty good, winter not so much. Before Xmas were were at 18/20 ICU beds with COVID. Rest of the system was similar, OR's were shut down because of lack of beds and we used PACU's to place overflow patients.
    Now it seems to have come down but things can change quickly. You can open few beds and immediately get calls from smaller hospitals asking to transfer patients to you for higher level of care.
    Will see what omicron brings.
    BobH likes this.

  11. #100
    At this point in time... gssixgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North Idaho Redoubt
    Posts
    26,648
    Thanked: 13153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    So on Dec 17th I asked a simple question on my FB page that occurred to me just 1 year after shots went into arms in the US and the 3rd boosters were in motion


    Dec 17th:

    I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV but I have to question

    The very first shots went in arms in the USA on Dec 14th 2020
    So for most of the Vaxxed population in less than 1 year you are on your third dose
    Just how much can your immune system be “Boosted”
    Seriously, are you overwhelming your body ???


    About One week later I posted this after I caught a report on TV

    Dec 26th:

    Soooooo
    Watching the news tonight and I am hearing that real Doctors think I might be right on this
    Damn
    They even have a name for it
    “Immunological Exhaustion”


    Yesterday I find out that the WHO and the EU version of the CDC are saying Multiple Boosters are not the answer and that they could harm people's Immune Systems

    I searched it yesterday and even on DDG you really have to tweak the search to find it among the year old plethora of articles calling it misinformation.. SAD !!!


    Again Risk vs Reward here,,, if you have medical issues you most certainly should talk with your doctor and decide what is best for you..
    outback likes this.
    "No amount of money spent on a Stone can ever replace the value of the time it takes learning to use it properly"
    Very Respectfully - Glen

    Proprietor - GemStar Custom Razors Honing/Restores/Regrinds Website

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •