Haddon brand cutlery was manufactured by W.R.Humphreys & Co. of Sheffield.
W.R.Humphreys was born in Ireland circa 1856. He was an apprentice in the ironmongery trade before becoming a traveller for a cutlery firm. In 1880 he set up his own business in Eyre Street, Sheffield. Around 1900 he acquired the business of John Wragg, renaming Wragg's Advance Works in Denby Street as the Haddon Works. Humphreys died in 1911. The company moved to the Portland Works in Randall Street in the 1960s. It was last listed, in Matilda Street, in 1970.