Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: These are heading to Razorplate today

  1. #11
    Razor Vulture sharptonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    23,722
    Thanked: 8265

    Default

    The fatboy in black with the red accents sounds trick. Looking forward to seeing that!
    HEY!
    Get over to the Movember Auctions in the BSTand make some bids!
    It's for a great cause!!

  2. #12
    Senior Member Scareface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The GREAT Republic of Texas(DFW)
    Posts
    894
    Thanked: 138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharptonn View Post
    The fatboy in black with the red accents sounds trick. Looking forward to seeing that!
    I hope so too!
    HARRYWALLY likes this.
    It's a dog eat dog world and I have on milk bone underwear.

  3. #13
    Senior Member blabbermouth tcrideshd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Oakland Tn
    Posts
    5,810
    Thanked: 1692

    Default

    I just looked up the site. ,, I have an old aristocrat and my old fanboy id like to bring back to its glory , but it says he's not taking anything for a while till he's caught up . I never care about how long it takes , but he just ain't taking them in till he's caught up. Darn it. Tc
    Geezer likes this.
    “ I,m getting the impression that everyone thinks I have TIME to fix their bikes”

  4. #14
    Razor Vulture sharptonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    23,722
    Thanked: 8265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcrideshd View Post
    I just looked up the site. ,, I have an old aristocrat and my old fanboy id like to bring back to its glory , but it says he's not taking anything for a while till he's caught up . I never care about how long it takes , but he just ain't taking them in till he's caught up. Darn it. Tc
    Yeah, Tc. Good things are worth waiting for. I want to see some razors? Black and red!
    tcrideshd likes this.
    HEY!
    Get over to the Movember Auctions in the BSTand make some bids!
    It's for a great cause!!

  5. #15
    Senior Member Scareface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The GREAT Republic of Texas(DFW)
    Posts
    894
    Thanked: 138

    Default

    Send him an email. He will tell you what to do and when to do it.
    His a pretty nice chap to work with.
    It's a dog eat dog world and I have on milk bone underwear.

  6. #16
    Senior Member lethalgraphix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Fairfield, California
    Posts
    341
    Thanked: 60

    Default

    Gold on my Hess is hit and miss. Spoke with Chris, but he has never done this. But metel is metal :SHRUG: So he's gonna give it a go. He is very precise, and I like that quality, like me.
    I'm having him replate the spine and tang as well as the tip of the blade.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Scareface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The GREAT Republic of Texas(DFW)
    Posts
    894
    Thanked: 138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lethalgraphix View Post
    Gold on my Hess is hit and miss. Spoke with Chris, but he has never done this. But metel is metal :SHRUG: So he's gonna give it a go. He is very precise, and I like that quality, like me.
    I'm having him replate the spine and tang as well as the tip of the blade.
    Prudy nice guy to work with.
    I think it can be done. I've seen the process being done. He's just got to figure out the best way to hold/dip the blade in a tank I would think. But then I don't really know just a guess
    It's a dog eat dog world and I have on milk bone underwear.

  8. #18
    Senior Member lethalgraphix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Fairfield, California
    Posts
    341
    Thanked: 60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scareface View Post
    Prudy nice guy to work with.
    I think it can be done. I've seen the process being done. He's just got to figure out the best way to hold/dip the blade in a tank I would think. But then I don't really know just a guess
    I was going to attempt to gather the supplies needed to do this myself. Total investment for a crude process would set you back about $250-375. If you were planning on doing a few or as a business, it would pay off. Being in an apartment is not economical at the moment.

    He's working with me and is very confident that the price I mentioned a local facility was going to prefom it for would be way less.

    His process and materials are top notch according to the research I have done. And he's doing it as a passion, and not completely for profit.
    Geezer likes this.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,169
    Thanked: 220

    Default

    Wow, please re- post after pics. They look alright already, they'll have a serious shine to em' when they find their way back to you!
    Geezer likes this.

  10. #20
    Senior Member BeJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Communist State of California
    Posts
    1,461
    Thanked: 463

    Default

    I'll be interested to see how they come out. I have a Sheraton that begging for some rhodium.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •