Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Weber and Tradere DE's

  1. #11
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pequea, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanked: 375

    Default

    I didn't take notice on Tradere website that they sold the head separate, I'll take a look.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    93
    Thanked: 14

    Default

    I moved from a R41 to Tradere open comb. I find the Tradere to be less aggressive and gives slightly less feedback when shaving. I like it a lot and it is my go to razor. I have no experience with a Weber

  3. #13
    Senior Member Wayne1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,160
    Thanked: 158

    Default

    I love my Tradere OC. I get BBS, with only ONE lathering. I lather up then shave a given area, splash water on that area and do another and final pass. For touchups, I dump the lather from my bowl into about 3 cups of water in the sink. I splash this on areas to be touched up. No sting from my Clubman and baby smooth in about 10 minutes. I have 2 other "boutique" razors, the Ikon bamboo(good razor) and the Feather stainless(piece of junk), but the Tradere is my favorite.

  4. #14
    The Assyrian Obie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    10,199
    Thanked: 2729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne1963 View Post
    . . . Feather stainless(piece of junk) . . .
    When I read such an outrageous comment about a superbly crafted razor, I have to scratch my head and question the author's basic knowledge of the double edge razor in general. The Feather may not suit you well, but there are many gentlemen who love it and will strongly dispute your statement . A "piece of junk"? Oh, please.
    ZeroCool likes this.

  5. #15
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pequea, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanked: 375

    Default

    Guess I never updated with my choice in razor.
    Went with the Weber Bulldog handle polished.
    Here's Why
    #1. no sticker shock for a Stainless Steel
    This was my main reason for choosing, plus I didn't see enough positive feedback on the others

    Now that I've had the Weber for a little over a year my Opinions are:
    Best bag for the buck SS
    Excellent shaver (feather)
    Excellent grip (it's a tool and looks like one good or bad)

    I switch between the Weber and my Merkur slant these are my main Head shavers now and they are sweet!
    My others are getting very dusty!
    CHRIS

  6. #16
    Senior Member Wayne1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,160
    Thanked: 158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obie View Post
    When I read such an outrageous comment about a superbly crafted razor, I have to scratch my head and question the author's basic knowledge of the double edge razor in general. The Feather may not suit you well, but there are many gentlemen who love it and will strongly dispute your statement . A "piece of junk"? Oh, please.
    No disrespect Sir, but I am one of MANY that find the Feather too mild.They themselves acknowledged the same when they came out with the 2nd generation feather. I do have some knowledge of double edge razors, owning 10 of them. I also shave with straights. I know a great shaver when I have one.

  7. #17
    The Assyrian Obie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    10,199
    Thanked: 2729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne1963 View Post
    No disrespect Sir, but I am one of MANY that find the Feather too mild.They themselves acknowledged the same when they came out with the 2nd generation feather. I do have some knowledge of double edge razors, owning 10 of them. I also shave with straights. I know a great shaver when I have one.
    Wayne, the Feather is a mild razor, yes, especially the D1, but that does not make it a "piece of junk," as you claim. On the other side of the spectrum, the Muhle R41 is, I believe, the most aggressive razor made, especially the 2011 version, but I would never call it a "piece of junk." It is a well made razor that is also aggressive. The Feather is a well made razor — with impeccable fit and finish — that happens to be mild. Mildness does not equate with junk.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Wayne1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,160
    Thanked: 158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obie View Post
    Wayne, the Feather is a mild razor, yes, especially the D1, but that does not make it a "piece of junk," as you claim. On the other side of the spectrum, the Muhle R41 is, I believe, the most aggressive razor made, especially the 2011 version, but I would never call it a "piece of junk." It is a well made razor that is also aggressive. The Feather is a well made razor — with impeccable fit and finish — that happens to be mild. Mildness does not equate with junk.
    I didn't mean to start an argument. When I said "piece of junk", I was referring to the excessive mildness of it...it really is a beautiful razor. My beard is not super heavy, but it is wiry, and the Feather just won't do the job, and believe me I tried every angle. I think I even stood on my head with a rabbit foot in my pocket at one point. Please, please don't take my statement as an attack on you, Obie, or anyone else that disagrees with me about the Feather. If you want, PM me and I will send you my Feather, free of charge. Have a great day.

  9. #19
    The Assyrian Obie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    10,199
    Thanked: 2729

    Default

    Wayne,

    I did not consider our conversation an argument. It was just a conversation. And thank you for the kind offer of sending me your Feather. I, however, have one and will not need another.

  10. #20
    The Hurdy Gurdy Man thebigspendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    30,400
    Thanked: 4884
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obie View Post
    Wayne,

    I did not consider our conversation an argument. It was just a conversation. And thank you for the kind offer of sending me your Feather. I, however, have one and will not need another.
    Well of course you do Obie. Take the man's offer and when it comes sell it and buy some more MDC-har har.
    No matter how many men you kill you can't kill your successor-Emperor Nero

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •