Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Feather Blades

  1. #41
    Indisposed
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,038
    Thanked: 1195

    Default

    I just picked up a pack of Feather "Blacks" over the weekend. I'm not sure if they're any different than the "Yellows", but I guess I'll find out

  2. #42
    Senior Member BanjoTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    714
    Thanked: 160

    Default

    I'd love to know the difference you find if any

  3. #43
    Indisposed
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,038
    Thanked: 1195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BanjoTom View Post
    I'd love to know the difference you find if any
    No problem. I'll report my findings when I try them

  4. #44
    Senior Member matloffm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Culver City, CA
    Posts
    207
    Thanked: 29

    Default

    I have used both and cannot tell the difference. It has often been reported that there is no difference.
    The tale is doon, and God save al the rowte!

  5. #45
    Senior Member Raulski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Gladstone
    Posts
    146
    Thanked: 4

    Default

    I was very nervous about taking the plunge & using a feather but I've been very lucky & haven't had a single bad shave or cut. I've used them in 3 different gillette safety razors & I'm totally sold on them.
    Next challenge is snapping one & putting it in the shavette. Exciting stuff.
    Hirlau likes this.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Doryferon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    HELLAS
    Posts
    399
    Thanked: 29

    Default

    I have them both,no difference
    In the back have the same letters,in the top the Yellow have a I7 mark and the Black a I4.

    This black pack is the exact same blade as our yellow pack Feathers.

    Feather Double Edge Razor Blades made in Japan

  7. #47
    Indisposed
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,038
    Thanked: 1195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan82 View Post
    I just picked up a pack of Feather "Blacks" over the weekend. I'm not sure if they're any different than the "Yellows", but I guess I'll find out
    I tried the Feather Blacks last night and I can definitely say they seem the same as the Yellows. I had a superb 3 pass shave with my Merkur 38C, smooth as glass and very much irritation free. It reminded me why I love Feathers

  8. #48
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Roseville,Kali
    Posts
    10,432
    Thanked: 2027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan82 View Post
    I tried the Feather Blacks last night and I can definitely say they seem the same as the Yellows. I had a superb 3 pass shave with my Merkur 38C, smooth as glass and very much irritation free. It reminded me why I love Feathers
    They are the same exact blades,black is for one market, yellow is for another.

  9. #49
    Indisposed
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,038
    Thanked: 1195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelfixed View Post
    They are the same exact blades,black is for one market, yellow is for another.
    Yeah, someone else posted the same after my OP, but I did promise to post my findings....

  10. #50
    MJC
    MJC is offline
    Senior Member MJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanked: 382

    Default

    I believe that Yellow is 10 to a pack and Black is 5 to a pack...
    And I like them best in a Slant Bar...and a very light touch.
    Support Movember!
    Movember https://mobro.co/markcastellana?mc=1
    SRP Team USA https://moteam.co/srp-usa?mc=1

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •