Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Shaving across the neck

  1. #31
    bcw
    bcw is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    173
    Thanked: 23

    Default

    OK, I have a Portland Razor Co. Sprite in production. It has a 2" blade. I have a full beard, all but part of the neck, which seems to make this razor make some sense. I do not have any hollows in my neck or many other places for that manner. Skinny people are the first to get kidnapped, and old people like me are seldom kept as hostages. Any thoughts on my razor selection being a successful tool for the limited service for which I purchased it?

  2. #32
    Senior Member blabbermouth whoever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    2,597
    Thanked: 117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcw View Post
    OK, I have a Portland Razor Co. Sprite in production. It has a 2" blade. I have a full beard, all but part of the neck, which seems to make this razor make some sense. I do not have any hollows in my neck or many other places for that manner. Skinny people are the first to get kidnapped, and old people like me are seldom kept as hostages. Any thoughts on my razor selection being a successful tool for the limited service for which I purchased it?
    Soo, you do or don't currently posssd a straight razor?
    "If you want it, that's what you do best" - Woz
    "if you ain't bleedin', you ain't learnin'" -me
    remember all, each thanks given will ... (virtual ego +1)

  3. #33
    MEMBER
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    VERO BEACH, FL
    Posts
    876
    Thanked: 95

    Default

    I purchased a razor with a concave blade and it works great on your neck. You don't need a drastic curve to get a really smooth shave. I picked up a sheffield razor on Ebay and after the proper honing, it shaves like a dream.

  4. #34
    Senior Member blabbermouth whoever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    2,597
    Thanked: 117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jkatzman View Post
    I purchased a razor with a concave blade and it works great on your neck. You don't need a drastic curve to get a really smooth shave. I picked up a sheffield razor on Ebay and after the proper honing, it shaves like a dream.
    I'm confused, what's your question?
    "If you want it, that's what you do best" - Woz
    "if you ain't bleedin', you ain't learnin'" -me
    remember all, each thanks given will ... (virtual ego +1)

  5. #35
    bcw
    bcw is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    173
    Thanked: 23

    Default

    In process. Should be delivered in a couple of weeks.

  6. #36
    Senior Member blabbermouth whoever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    2,597
    Thanked: 117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcw View Post
    In process. Should be delivered in a couple of weeks.
    That helps, thanks
    "If you want it, that's what you do best" - Woz
    "if you ain't bleedin', you ain't learnin'" -me
    remember all, each thanks given will ... (virtual ego +1)

  7. #37
    GAP
    GAP is offline
    Senior Member GAP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    141
    Thanked: 23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndependenceRazor1 View Post
    I have heard the opinion expressed that it may be necessary to accept a lower level of smoothness when shaving the neck.
    Let us not descend into anarchy and resignation.
    Uh oh! Too late for me.
    "A friend asks only for your time, not your money"

  8. #38
    Senior Member AcesandEights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cowden, Il.
    Posts
    436
    Thanked: 131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    I'm confused, what's your question?
    I don't think he was 'asking a question,' just stating what works for himself.
    whoever likes this.

  9. #39
    bcw
    bcw is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    173
    Thanked: 23

    Default

    Razor delivered, and I have had about 5 shaves with it, and I'm pleased. My stropping technique is a work in process, but the razor was delivered shave ready and I've kept it that way. I only shave on my neck around a beard, so I have limited my exposure. Very pleased with Portland Razor company.
    whoever and Somdfisher like this.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to bcw For This Useful Post:

    whoever (12-20-2016)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •