Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Earthdawn

Thread: Unable to post/review in review section

  1. #1
    Senior Member Str8Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    1,912
    Thanked: 214

    Default Unable to post/review in review section

    seems to be a problem as I am not even recognized when trying to sign in...
    HELP!!!!
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

  2. #2
    Senior Member Str8Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    1,912
    Thanked: 214

    Default

    Still no help and I can't log in to it!!
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

  3. #3
    Senior Member Earthdawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NY, Long-eye land
    Posts
    944
    Thanked: 201

    Default

    Which review section?

    I was going to test it on my end but there are review sections in a few of the forums.

    link?

  4. #4
    This is not my actual head. HNSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Middle of nowhere, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,622
    Thanked: 1371
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    You'll only be able to post reviews if you were a member before the software upgrade.

    The review software is not part of vBulletin, and the module interacts poorly with vB4. One of these days we might get around to trying something else. For now we kept it as more of an archive than anything.

    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Str8Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    1,912
    Thanked: 214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earthdawn View Post
    Which review section?

    I was going to test it on my end but there are review sections in a few of the forums.

    link?
    Any of em. Soap, razors etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by HNSB View Post
    You'll only be able to post reviews if you were a member before the software upgrade.

    The review software is not part of vBulletin, and the module interacts poorly with vB4. One of these days we might get around to trying something else. For now we kept it as more of an archive than anything.
    Well that just .........sucks. anything new or interesting to add and people that joined after are second class members. There are tons of soaps and razors not covered that I and others have but other then to just post in the general forum nobody can use later and find as easy as looking up in the review section.
    Sig lines are important to get rid of and have been talked to death but a data base of everything we use is tossed to the back burner? Sounds like priorities are a bit backwards to me. just my 2 cents.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

  6. #6
    Senior Member Earthdawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NY, Long-eye land
    Posts
    944
    Thanked: 201

    Default

    Im Old Skool !!! lol

    I was able to log into it
    Str8Shooter likes this.

  7. #7
    This is not my actual head. HNSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Middle of nowhere, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,622
    Thanked: 1371
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Str8Shooter View Post
    ... Well that just .........sucks. ... Sig lines are important to get rid of and have been talked to death but a data base of everything we use is tossed to the back burner? Sounds like priorities are a bit backwards to me. just my 2 cents.
    Switching signatures on or off = 10 seconds of someones time.
    Since there aren't any review modules for vB4 that meet our needs, someone would have to write one. Creating that module = numerous hours of time for one of the guys that's capable of doing it.

    I think priorities are in line.

    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Str8Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    1,912
    Thanked: 214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HNSB View Post
    Switching signatures on or off = 10 seconds of someones time.
    Since there aren't any review modules for vB4 that meet our needs, someone would have to write one. Creating that module = numerous hours of time for one of the guys that's capable of doing it.

    I think priorities are in line.
    Bummer. Being I'm not an IT person I have no idea what it entails soooo. guess they go the way of the dinasaur....
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •