Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Grim Blades

  1. #1
    Member STR8RZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    44
    Thanked: 2

    Default Grim Blades

    Anyone have any experience with these blades?

    Grim Blades

  2. #2
    Senior Member blabbermouth RezDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Haida Gwaii, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    11,312
    Thanked: 4120

    Default

    I have never seen that website before. My advise is to buy somewhere well known. I believe there is a vendor section on the web site that you can use to find "the good guys"
    It's not what you know, it's who you take fishing!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    400
    Thanked: 61

    Default

    Unless they are the thiers issard blades, avoid at all cost... Don't get caught up with the cool logo on a cheap razor

  4. #4
    Member STR8RZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    44
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    I saw these on Huckberry.com. They usually sell quality products, but I haven't seen anything else on these razors anywhere. Didn't see them in the database here and thought someone may have seen them before.
    jmac123 likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member RMarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    490
    Thanked: 73

    Default Grim Blades

    Quote Originally Posted by STR8RZR View Post
    I saw these on Huckberry.com. They usually sell quality products, but I haven't seen anything else on these razors anywhere. Didn't see them in the database here and thought someone may have seen them before.
    I saw them on huckberry as well and Brett from artofmanliness.com endorses them, so who knows. I just found out today actually that a friend of mine bought one and has been using it, maybe I can convince him to let me take it for a spin and see for myself...
    ColonelG likes this.

  6. #6
    Member STR8RZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    44
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RMarsh View Post
    I saw them on huckberry as well and Brett from artofmanliness.com endorses them, so who knows. I just found out today actually that a friend of mine bought one and has been using it, maybe I can convince him to let me take it for a spin and see for myself...
    I'm thinking Brett would know a good razor. I'd love to hear about it if you get a chance to see your friends and take it for a spin.

    Their ironwood razor looks nice, if it has a good blade. I'll most likely purchase something from a vendor here as well (SRD or Whippeddog), but I liked the look of the grim blades.

  7. #7
    Senior Member blabbermouth edhewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    7,741
    Thanked: 712
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I seem to remember a thread about them, as heespharm said the TI one was supposed to be ok, but the rest got mixed responses, maybe do a search for "blades grim" or "grim blades" and you may find it.
    Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Regards ed.
    STR8RZR likes this.
    Bread and water can so easily become tea and toast

  8. #8
    Senior Member Bamasamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    159
    Thanked: 10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STR8RZR View Post
    I'm thinking Brett would know a good razor. I'd love to hear about it if you get a chance to see your friends and take it for a spin.

    Their ironwood razor looks nice, if it has a good blade. I'll most likely purchase something from a vendor here as well (SRD or Whippeddog), but I liked the look of the grim blades.
    Well what they have pictured for ironwood is not actually ironwood. I looks more like snakewood. Desert ironwood has a completely different band pattern.
    STR8RZR likes this.
    Justin

    I would rather be outdoors!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member RMarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    490
    Thanked: 73

    Default Grim Blades

    Quote Originally Posted by STR8RZR View Post
    I'm thinking Brett would know a good razor. I'd love to hear about it if you get a chance to see your friends and take it for a spin.

    Their ironwood razor looks nice, if it has a good blade. I'll most likely purchase something from a vendor here as well (SRD or Whippeddog), but I liked the look of the grim blades.

    That's the smart move, you will be much better off going with a proven entity if it's your first razor. If these things turn out to be legit, pick one up later on, or get both at the same time. I will say they certainly look the part...
    STR8RZR likes this.

  10. #10
    The original Skolor and Gentileman. gugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,260
    Thanked: 3754
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    It's all marketing and no substance, if you value your money and face better get something else.
    STR8RZR likes this.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to gugi For This Useful Post:

    lz6 (02-10-2014)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •