Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Joined this forum 12 years ago. Here is my first straight razor shave video!

  1. #11
    Senior Member blabbermouth PaulFLUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    2,364
    Thanked: 289

    Default

    Damn bob! Really? Shouldn't we encourage participation instead of driving people away?
    ZipZop likes this.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. PR 27:17

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    226
    Thanked: 18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFLUS View Post
    Damn bob! Really? Shouldn't we encourage participation instead of driving people away?
    He encouraged. He increased his posts by 10% responding to Bob.
    ZipZop likes this.
    If you're wondering I'm probably being sarcastic.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFLUS View Post
    Damn bob! Really? Shouldn't we encourage participation instead of driving people away?
    It's ok. I don't blame people if they think it's spammy. I would be wary too.
    BobH, Gasman, ZipZop and 1 others like this.

  4. #14
    High Priest of Low Budget Shaving CrescentCityRazors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    400
    Thanked: 61

    Default

    Well, I don't know. I thought the beard looked very distinguished and dignified. Certainly not a jungle holdout beard.

    I thought your shave angle was extremely high, but obviously it works well for you. Good job, good vid. No yapping, just shaving. I am afraid I am a bit too opinionated to keep my mouth shut when I make a shave vid. Here is my recent effort.

    https://sharprazorpalace.com/shaving...-whiskers.html
    sharked and ZipZop like this.
    Pretty don't shave. Sharp shaves.
    https://www.crescentcityrazors.com

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to CrescentCityRazors For This Useful Post:

    sharked (10-16-2020)

  6. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrescentCityRazors View Post
    Well, I don't know. I thought the beard looked very distinguished and dignified. Certainly not a jungle holdout beard.

    I thought your shave angle was extremely high, but obviously it works well for you. Good job, good vid. No yapping, just shaving. I am afraid I am a bit too opinionated to keep my mouth shut when I make a shave vid. Here is my recent effort.

    https://sharprazorpalace.com/shaving...-whiskers.html
    Thanks for watching! I use a pretty high angle when I'm in my last passes to get the really tiny stuff I missed. Luckily the feather blades are really sharp so I don't get sliced up. I've had mixed feedback on whether I should speak during the vids. I think I may try talking through the next vid. You really hack away on the hair under your chin. I always get scared to really chop at the area, but you have no fear. Thanks for sharing your vid, I liked and subbed!

  7. #16
    High Priest of Low Budget Shaving CrescentCityRazors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    400
    Thanked: 61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharked View Post
    Thanks for watching! I use a pretty high angle when I'm in my last passes to get the really tiny stuff I missed. Luckily the feather blades are really sharp so I don't get sliced up. I've had mixed feedback on whether I should speak during the vids. I think I may try talking through the next vid. You really hack away on the hair under your chin. I always get scared to really chop at the area, but you have no fear. Thanks for sharing your vid, I liked and subbed!
    Well, it's not really hacking. More like slicing. My edges are pretty sharp, and my shave angle is low, so I seldom cut myself. You may notice that occasionally I touch the spine to the skin, so as to recalibrate my shave angle. My usual goal is to have the spine only barely off the skin. When it touches skin, sometimes it causes grabbing and skipping, a bad thing.

    I have a SS knockoff I got off of AliExpress that uses the long Feather blades. The shave is good with the Pro blade but I don't like paying so much for something I will just throw away after a few shaves. I do like shaving with half of a Feather DE blade in a swingback shavette, though. I bought 100 for I think $20, about 10 years ago and I still have a lot of those. Much cheaper than the long blades. They actually feel a little sharper, to me, than the long blades. YMMV. My normal shave is always a regular straight razor, though. I use the Feather DE blade as my honing benchmark. Something to strive for. I don't feel like I have ever beat them for sharpness, but often I do think I have matched them.
    Pretty don't shave. Sharp shaves.
    https://www.crescentcityrazors.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •