Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1004
Like Tree1545Likes

Thread: Cut of the Day

  1. #531
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Berea, KY
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 4

    Default

    Managed to slip on my floor the other day and somehow my right ring finger met blade edge, and very hard. Had to get 6 stitches. Using a safety until I get healed up and buying a mat to put in front of my sink. Lesson learned the hard way, for sure. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  31.7 KB
    Chevhead likes this.

  2. #532
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 3

    Default Wasn't paying attention.

    I learned a valuable lesson today. Never get over confident.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #533
    Senior Member Bamasamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    159
    Thanked: 10

    Default

    So I guess here is my submission for cut of the day. I tried to fix her up myself but eventually had to go to the ER for 8 stitchesName:  image.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  21.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1482
Size:  35.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1441
Size:  22.4 KB
    Justin

    I would rather be outdoors!!!

  4. #534
    Senior Member Bamasamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    159
    Thanked: 10

    Default

    This was my redneck med kit. Would have worked but the stiptic couldn't get it to stop bleeding.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1601
Size:  46.8 KB
    Hirlau and WadePatton like this.
    Justin

    I would rather be outdoors!!!

  5. #535
    Senior Member Ludvig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    402
    Thanked: 52

    Default

    Everything I wrote just disappeared and I dont feel like writing it all over again so I'll give you the short version:
    When I was done shaving I wiped off my scales and I managed to press my hand against the blade on one of my backwards/forward strokes and this is the result:
    Name:  20131117_212439.jpg
Views: 47101
Size:  18.3 KBName:  20131117_212846.jpg
Views: 23513
Size:  30.9 KB

  6. #536
    Senior Member blabbermouth nessmuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,407
    Thanked: 539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    Everything I wrote just disappeared and I dont feel like writing it all over again so I'll give you the short version:
    When I was done shaving I wiped off my scales and I managed to press my hand against the blade on one of my backwards/forward strokes and this is the result:
    Name:  20131117_212439.jpg
Views: 47101
Size:  18.3 KBName:  20131117_212846.jpg
Views: 23513
Size:  30.9 KB

    I always tell everyone ....only wipe one direction....NO back and forth...I guess you missed it. Been there done that..only once though.

  7. #537
    barba crescit caput nescit Phrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,566
    Thanked: 2658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamasamson View Post
    So I guess here is my submission for cut of the day. I tried to fix her up myself but eventually had to go to the ER for 8 stitchesName:  image.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  21.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1482
Size:  35.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1441
Size:  22.4 KB
    Ouch!

    Hope it's not to bad and you're OK.

    That certainly looks like a keeper! How'd it happen?

  8. #538
    Senior Member Ludvig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    402
    Thanked: 52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nessmuck View Post
    I always tell everyone ....only wipe one direction....NO back and forth...I guess you missed it. Been there done that..only once though.

    Yeah I guess I have missed that. But I think that would be a bit worksome to do when you are wiping between the scales. Wouldn't it be easier to have the razor completely unfolded and not have your wiping hand over the edge, if you get what I mean. And most important of all, pay attention. That's just a thought of mine though. I'll keep you advice in mind and try that out as well
    Last edited by Ludvig; 11-18-2013 at 11:05 AM.

  9. #539
    Senior Member Bamasamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    159
    Thanked: 10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrank View Post
    Ouch!

    Hope it's not to bad and you're OK.

    That certainly looks like a keeper! How'd it happen?
    Yeh I'm good now after 8 stitches. The wife accidentally put one of my blades to be restored in my drawer. I went in there digging and voila!
    Justin

    I would rather be outdoors!!!

  10. #540
    Senior Member blabbermouth Hirlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    13,530
    Thanked: 3528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamasamson View Post
    This was my redneck med kit. Would have worked but the stiptic couldn't get it to stop bleeding.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1601
Size:  46.8 KB
    Yep, those bleeders can be a real mess. Next time use your Zippo, rotate your finger over the flame until you cauterize it. This will stop the bleeding.
    If you don't carry a Zippo, then you can make due with a Bic lighter, you will have to crank up the volume on the flame, though. You could have saved yourself the cost of duct tape & super glue,,,hell,,you wouldn't have even needed the paper towel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •