Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 61 to 69 of 69
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Major update on Mitchell's Wool Fat soap!

  1. #61
    Senior Member PaulFLUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    1,339
    Thanked: 161

    Default

    Yeah I'm not a soap expert but if I understand it correctly shaving soaps have much more fat. People don't like that much fat in a hand or body soap because it feel like you can't wash it all off. My brother made some lye soap when we were kids from instructions from the Foxfire Book or one of the Foxfire Books, I don't remember which one.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. PR 27:17

  2. #62
    Senior Member blabbermouth outback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    9,578
    Thanked: 3865

    Default

    So did granny..

    Name:  4e559053dc9c61aafa9bd27aadfe243b.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  39.3 KB

  3. #63
    Senior Member PaulFLUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    1,339
    Thanked: 161

    Default

    I guess this wasn't very visible in the other pictures.Name:  IMG_20200229_174304.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  28.0 KB
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. PR 27:17

  4. #64
    Senior Member blabbermouth outback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    9,578
    Thanked: 3865

    Default

    Had to run out to get a gallon of milk, so I swung into Ace hardware and grabbed a bar. I'll let y'all know my thoughts on it in a few days.

    Name:  KIMG4905.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  35.7 KB

    Yeah, Ace is right down the street from me.
    Mike

  5. #65
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,444
    Thanked: 2910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFLUS View Post
    Yeah I'm not a soap expert but if I understand it correctly shaving soaps have much more fat. People don't like that much fat in a hand or body soap because it feel like you can't wash it all off. My brother made some lye soap when we were kids from instructions from the Foxfire Book or one of the Foxfire Books, I don't remember which one.
    MWF actually makes bath and hand soap bars. Can't say what the difference is though.

    Bob
    petercp4e likes this.
    Life is a terminal illness in the end

  6. #66
    Senior Member blabbermouth rolodave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Racine, WI USA
    Posts
    6,194
    Thanked: 1732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobH View Post
    MWF actually makes bath and hand soap bars. Can't say what the difference is though.

    Bob
    My wife loves MWF bath soap.

    You cannot shave with it.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost.

  7. #67
    Senior Member PaulFLUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    1,339
    Thanked: 161

    Default

    I love MWF. I can't decide whether to shave with it or smoke it. My puck broke into pieces so it's like playing keep away in the cup. I haven't ordered another yet and just picked up the lye soap because I've been pondering it for a while. I know I have read high fat content is what you want in shave soap and l also know a good lye soap is very high. So far I think this is pretty good. I'm interested to hear what you think Mike.
    Edit: I think I am satisfied enough with it that I would keep using it just because it doesn't haven't any fragrance added. I'm one of those guys who doesn't want to go around smelling like a french bordollo
    Last edited by PaulFLUS; 03-01-2020 at 12:22 AM.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. PR 27:17

  8. #68
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,444
    Thanked: 2910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFLUS View Post
    I love MWF. I can't decide whether to shave with it or smoke it. My puck broke into pieces so it's like playing keep away in the cup. I haven't ordered another yet and just picked up the lye soap because I've been pondering it for a while. I know I have read high fat content is what you want in shave soap and l also know a good lye soap is very high. So far I think this is pretty good. I'm interested to hear what you think Mike.
    Edit: I think I am satisfied enough with it that I would keep using it just because it doesn't haven't any fragrance added. I'm one of those guys who doesn't want to go around smelling like a french bordollo
    You could always grate the pieces of your MWF puck into a cup, add a bit of water and press it into a new puck for use.

    Bob
    Life is a terminal illness in the end

  9. #69
    Senior Member PaulFLUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    1,339
    Thanked: 161

    Default

    That's true I could. Good idea Bob.
    ScoutHikerDad likes this.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. PR 27:17

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •