Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1004
Like Tree1545Likes

Thread: Cut of the Day

  1. #481
    Learning something all the time... unit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Central Missouri
    Posts
    1,690
    Thanked: 247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDTech View Post
    Talking and thinking about it is one thing, actually doing it when a situation like this arises another. Sometimes You just do it, sometimes it takes guts, sometimes You simply can't.

    Great You could and did!
    I suppose.

    I do wish I had hesitated just long enough to wrap a shirt around my hand and wrist though

  2. #482
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    286
    Thanked: 39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unit View Post
    I suppose.
    I do wish I had hesitated just long enough to wrap a shirt around my hand and wrist though
    ... or just opened the door. But that's less man and how often are we allowed to slam windows.

    In retrospect we're always deliberate and know what we should/could have done better. However, unless You're a fire fighter or emergency doctor, this an extreme situation not only for the person who had the accident.
    gooser likes this.

  3. #483
    Learning something all the time... unit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Central Missouri
    Posts
    1,690
    Thanked: 247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDTech View Post
    ... or just opened the door. But that's less man and how often are we allowed to slam windows.

    In retrospect we're always deliberate and know what we should/could have done better. However, unless You're a fire fighter or emergency doctor, this an extreme situation not only for the person who had the accident.
    Well, modern cars have this interesting feature where they lock when you start driving. After I broke the window and unlocked the door, it took everything I had (with several full body weight body checks) to get the door open as you see it in the last picture. It's not a matter of simply opening a door in this sort of situation. However, the pros certainly have some nifty toys that make it look a bit easier.

  4. #484
    'tis but a scratch! roughkype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Durango, Colorado
    Posts
    2,080
    Thanked: 443
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris0194 View Post
    At the end of my first pass, my razor told me off for not giving it enough attention. The styptic painfully sorted it out though.

    Attachment 132433
    That's a good telling off! Welcome to the red thread.
    "These aren't the droids you're looking for." "These aren't the droids we're looking for." "He can go about his business." "You can go about your business."

  5. #485
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    286
    Thanked: 39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unit View Post
    Well, modern cars have this interesting feature where they lock when you start driving. After I broke the window and unlocked the door, it took everything I had (with several full body weight body checks) to get the door open as you see it in the last picture. It's not a matter of simply opening a door in this sort of situation. However, the pros certainly have some nifty toys that make it look a bit easier.
    I was just kidding. I know about the automatic lock and in accidents this heavy, often the structure of the car is badly damaged

  6. #486
    Greaves is my friend !!! gooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    N.East OH
    Posts
    2,297
    Thanked: 307

    Default

    here is one from a week ago or so
    the straight will shave right over the scars from lip piercings in the past ... but i was low on Feathers for the DE and tossed in a shark blade in the Super Speed ... so needless to say either i pushed harder or the shark just wanted to bite but either way i lost a bit of scar on the old chinny chin chin !!

    Hirlau and Jonah like this.

  7. #487
    Senior Member Jonah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    354
    Thanked: 57

    Default

    Jeeezo Petes that's a nice one.
    JimmyHAD:My wife told me if I bought another razor she would leave me ........ and I miss her sometimes......

  8. #488
    Member JRolonJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Perrysburg, OH
    Posts
    39
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Finally a respectable cut to post!!!

    Name:  2013-06-11 12.56.19.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  17.7 KB

  9. #489
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    3
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Wow, what a sobering thread. I just finished my 4th SR shave ever. I gave myself a very shallow cut about 1/2" wide on my first attempt, and I have had little nicks/abrasions on each try since. I have been wondering how many SR users out there end up with a face full of scars. In a few of the photos in this thread, I see other scars and wonder if those were shaving-induced. I think that this is a good thread, though. It will help me to maintain respect and not get complacent.
    chris0194 and Jonah like this.

  10. #490
    Senior Member WhiskerHarvest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    187
    Thanked: 25

    Default

    It's been months since I have had a good cut. I actually had to rummage around my drawer to find the styptic! I was testing one razor I recently honed and decided it needed to go back for a visit to the hones. I broke out an old favorite and was attempting an XTG to just get a passable shave. I got a little angry at a whisker that refused to be shaved, moved to quickly and filleted my cheek!

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  102.8 KB

    And yes, that redness up by the sideburn is a bite mark from my favorite 2 year old!
    mjhammer, Str8Shooter and jc50 like this.
    I shave because I want to, not because I have to!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •