Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1004
Like Tree1545Likes

Thread: Cut of the Day

  1. #881
    Razor Vulture sharptonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    23,711
    Thanked: 8264

    Default

    TBH, I never tried one of the fancy ones which go down low to the edge.

    Should be more forgiving than the old ones.
    So now it's stiff and still too damn sharp!

  2. #882
    Senior Member Mrchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    1,730
    Thanked: 274

    Default

    My only shaving scar is from a Feather AC SS. No scars from traditional straights.
    Grazor likes this.

  3. #883
    Str8Faced Gent. MikeB52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Orangeville, Ontario
    Posts
    6,242
    Thanked: 3783
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    My barber is the only one that uses a shavette on me. I leave those to the ones with the two available hands and angle to wield them safely.
    Just my opinion..
    "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
    Geddy Lee
    https://mobro.co/michaelbolton65?mc=5

  4. #884
    Razor Vulture sharptonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    23,711
    Thanked: 8264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB52 View Post
    My barber is the only one that uses a shavette on me. I leave those to the ones with the two available hands and angle to wield them safely.
    Just my opinion..
    I do think a person trained and using them on another is their forte.

    I mean, when I cut myself, it would be nice to actually feel it?

    MikeB52 likes this.

  5. #885
    NZ's okayest dad 1997 Grazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Land of the long white cloud
    Posts
    2,726
    Thanked: 553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrchick View Post
    My only shaving scar is from a Feather AC SS. No scars from traditional straights.
    My only shaving scar is this thread... [emoji47]

    Sent from a moto x far far away
    sharptonn, Mrchick and Addison like this.
    Into this house we're born, into this world we're thrown ~ Jim Morrison

  6. #886
    Senior Member doc47's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    343
    Thanked: 84

    Default

    It's not deep, it didn't bleed but a drop, however, it is the first blood drawn in over 6months.
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_1101.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  24.3 KB
    Mrchick likes this.
    Dan

  7. #887
    'with that said' cudarunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Walla Walla in WA State USA
    Posts
    9,545
    Thanked: 3935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doc47 View Post
    It's not deep, it didn't bleed but a drop, however, it is the first blood drawn in over 6months.
    Here' a little something from the movie 'Excalibur' I think it applies to when we suddenly draw blood after a long absence from it as they come when we least expect it.

    "Merlin; Where does Evil lurk in my Kingdom"?

    "Always where you least expect it."
    Our house is as Neil left it- an Aladdin’s cave of 'stuff'.

    Kim X

  8. #888
    Senior Member ZipZop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanked: 192

    Default

    Aloha!

    The next time I shave with a Shavette, I'll have something to share in this thread. If not a cut, then one of those nasty razor burns that look like a cross between a worm stuck on your face, and a deep cut that has been healing for a few months.

    I rarely if ever cut myself with my straight razor, and once in a while I nick myself with my DE but that's rare. Shavette? Guaranteed. I'll have something to post here.

    -Zip
    sharptonn, Mrchick and doc47 like this.
    "I get some lather and lather-up, then I get my razor and shave! Zip Zop, see that? My face Is ripped to shreads!"

  9. #889
    Senior Member blabbermouth ScoutHikerDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate South Carolina
    Posts
    3,236
    Thanked: 964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cudarunner View Post
    Here' a little something from the movie 'Excalibur' I think it applies to when we suddenly draw blood after a long absence from it as they come when we least expect it.

    "Merlin; Where does Evil lurk in my Kingdom"?

    "Always where you least expect it."
    That's one of my all time favorite movies, Roy-Hopefully none of us ever get cut like Arthur and his evil son/nephew Mordred did to each other in the final showdown!

    No pics, but I occasionally get a small slice up high on the cheeks. Now watch me filet myself tomorrow now that I've jinxed it!
    cudarunner and doc47 like this.

  10. #890
    'with that said' cudarunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Walla Walla in WA State USA
    Posts
    9,545
    Thanked: 3935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutHikerDad View Post
    That's one of my all time favorite movies, Roy-Hopefully none of us ever get cut like Arthur and his evil son/nephew Mordred did to each other in the final showdown!

    No pics, but I occasionally get a small slice up high on the cheeks. Now watch me filet myself tomorrow now that I've jinxed it!
    Well I couldn't find exactly what I wanted but his is close enough!

    I hope all will enjoy

    ScoutHikerDad likes this.
    Our house is as Neil left it- an Aladdin’s cave of 'stuff'.

    Kim X

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •