Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 252
Like Tree565Likes

Thread: Local news on Covid 19

  1. #241
    Senior Member blabbermouth
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16,402
    Thanked: 3109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 32t View Post
    Heck we should just get amaxon or speedy delivery deliver patients! LOL

    This is a little off topic but not to far. They did this experiment where I work.

    https://dronedj.com/2021/05/13/organ...rone-pancreas/

    From my point of view I see covid loosing much of its fear causing and it is just turning into another sickness.
    Yea, many untapped uses for drones.

    Yes, if enough people get vaccinated globally it should lower the anxiety level quite a bit. I can also see being vaccinated a requirement for international travel in the future along with proof of vaccination having to be shown at point of entry. Personally, I don't want to see our border open to anyone who does not meet those basic requirements.

    Bob

    Bob
    rolodave, Raol and STF like this.
    Life is a terminal illness in the end

  2. #242
    Senior Member blabbermouth PaulFLUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,132
    Thanked: 372

    Default

    Here's a covid related anecdote. Last year I bought a new(er) van for the business. Last month the transmission failed so I took it to the transmission shop. Planetary gear exploded. I should have kept the one with 330k miles.
    Anyway, because of all the shut downs it's been 3 weeks and they can't get a transmission. This nonsense is going to put me out of business if it goes on much longer. Disgusted, I called a friend who also owns a repair shop and told him my tale of whoa. Reason I called was I am ready to go get the van, buy a tranny and put it in myself so I can get back to work. I wanted to ask him if he could get a Jasper or American transmission unit for me because they won't sell to the general public. My only other option is to go to the junkyard and take my chances. He told me, "Don't do it." He has been waiting for an engine for over a month. Jasper won't even answer the phone and when they do they have no answers. They are so back logged they can't keep up with demand. Between that and people.not wanting to go to work because they can get paid to stay home it is a steaming pile.
    Now because of the limited shutdown there was this is where we are. Imagine if we had shut everything down like some of the whiners wanted us to.
    So to all the chicken little hand wringers out there...thanks for that. 'preciate it.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. PR 27:17

  3. #243
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    258
    Thanked: 33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFLUS View Post
    Here's a covid related anecdote. Last year I bought a new(er) van for the business. Last month the transmission failed so I took it to the transmission shop. Planetary gear exploded. I should have kept the one with 330k miles.
    Anyway, because of all the shut downs it's been 3 weeks and they can't get a transmission. This nonsense is going to put me out of business if it goes on much longer. Disgusted, I called a friend who also owns a repair shop and told him my tale of whoa. Reason I called was I am ready to go get the van, buy a tranny and put it in myself so I can get back to work. I wanted to ask him if he could get a Jasper or American transmission unit for me because they won't sell to the general public. My only other option is to go to the junkyard and take my chances. He told me, "Don't do it." He has been waiting for an engine for over a month. Jasper won't even answer the phone and when they do they have no answers. They are so back logged they can't keep up with demand. Between that and people.not wanting to go to work because they can get paid to stay home it is a steaming pile.
    Now because of the limited shutdown there was this is where we are. Imagine if we had shut everything down like some of the whiners wanted us to.
    So to all the chicken little hand wringers out there...thanks for that. 'preciate it.
    I hear you! There's a world of hurt that will take a long time to put behind us. The kids are a year behind at least. Which means less if them are going to graduate to get into the work force. Now I'm sure they aren't going to hold anyone back. But the kids who aren't ready will have to spend half a semester on remedial classes. More time less efficient. I always said this was a war. And there are casualties. The lockdowns should have been voluntary. Go out at your own risk. As a matter of fact in nyc as soon as they locked down the stats said that 70% or close to that getting covid were locked down. So it really didn't do anything. Hats off to the medical professionals who adapted their treatment that really started to save lives. They can't save everyone though.
    PaulFLUS likes this.

  4. #244
    Senior Member blabbermouth outback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    10,450
    Thanked: 4062

    Default

    We sacrifice the many, to save the few.
    Mike

  5. #245
    Senior Member blabbermouth PaulFLUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,132
    Thanked: 372

    Default

    Life is messy and dangerous.

    The grave awaits us all in the end

    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. PR 27:17

  6. #246
    STF
    STF is offline
    Senior Member STF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kingsville On, Canada
    Posts
    1,037
    Thanked: 93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFLUS View Post
    Life is messy and dangerous.

    The grave awaits us all in the end

    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
    Ecclesiastes 9:10
    DZEC and PaulFLUS like this.
    - - Steve

    You never realize what you have until it's gone -- Toilet paper is a good example

  7. #247
    Senior Member blabbermouth PaulFLUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,132
    Thanked: 372

    Default

    Name:  50100.gif
Views: 23
Size:  17.7 KB
    ..........
    As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. PR 27:17

  8. #248
    At this point in time... gssixgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North Idaho Redoubt
    Posts
    26,491
    Thanked: 13123
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    So far since May 1st we have learned

    The Virus was possibly man made, and Fauci is probably involved in it
    Fauci has been lying since day one and Trump knew it.. Shame on him for not firing him
    The masks you have been wearing didn't/don't work and Fauci knew it, so did anyone that bothered to look at the stats before 1/1/2020
    HCQ probably worked but people died for politically gain..
    The harm from the Cv-19 Vaccines have been downplayed for political gain
    Lockdowns probably killed more people, along with the economy


    Yep,,,, Told Ya So
    sharptonn likes this.
    "No amount of money spent on a Stone can ever replace the value of the time it takes learning to use it properly"
    Very Respectfully - Glen

    Proprietor - GemStar Custom Razors Honing/Restores/Regrinds Website

  9. #249
    Moderator Razorfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Forest Grove, Oregon
    Posts
    5,102
    Thanked: 1200

    Default

    I'd swear the way the world is turning these days is enough to make you want to imitate a mole and hide in a deep hole. The truth tells you what the lies are and the lies convince you that the truth is the lie. I am almost to the point that when I look in the mirror in the morning, I'm half-convinced that that isn't me but an alien that has taken over 90% of my body and psyche. The only things that convince me that it is me are the aches and pains of old age since I know no alien would (or could) tolerate earth gravity discomfort. I'm all for a third political party made up of discouraged Dems and Reps. We could call it the purple party.
    "The sharpening stones from time to time provide officers with gasoline."

  10. #250
    The Hurdy Gurdy Man thebigspendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    30,880
    Thanked: 4926
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gssixgun View Post
    So far since May 1st we have learned

    The Virus was possibly man made, and Fauci is probably involved in it
    Fauci has been lying since day one and Trump knew it.. Shame on him for not firing him
    The masks you have been wearing didn't/don't work and Fauci knew it, so did anyone that bothered to look at the stats before 1/1/2020
    HCQ probably worked but people died for politically gain..
    The harm from the Cv-19 Vaccines have been downplayed for political gain
    Lockdowns probably killed more people, along with the economy


    Yep,,,, Told Ya So
    yea Glen you be right on. You're always 100% right. Why didn't I believe you way back when?
    No matter how many men you kill you can't kill your successor-Emperor Nero

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •